Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday's Obituary: Georgia Snell Claxton


"Mrs. Claxton 

WRIGHTSVILLE, Ga.---Funeral services for Mrs. Bennett C. Claxton, 65 of Rt. 1 Wrightsville, who died Friday in an Augusta hospital after a brief illness, will be held at 3pm today at Brown Memorial Baptist Church.


The Rev. Robert Pless will officiate, assisted by the Revs. R. C. Smith, Lotis McAfee and R. O. Edenfield. Burial will be in Westview Cemetery, Wrightsville.

A native of Johnson County, she was a member of Brown Memorial Baptist Church.

Survivors include her husband, Bennett Claxton; two daughters, Mrs. Charles McCullen, Miami, Fla. and Mrs. John Williams, St. Louis, Mo.; son, Mike Claxton, Wrightsville; two sisters, Mrs. J. Q. Bailey and Mrs. Lou Killingsworth, both of Wrightsville; and brother, Delma Snell, Wrightsville.    

Friends may call at Kent Funeral Home until 2pm, then at the church." 

Additional Comments: 

Georgia was born 8 Dec 1903 to Williams B. B. Snell and Annie L. Childs Snell. 

Johnson County GaArchives Obituaries.....Claxton, Georgia "Georgie" Snell, April 4, 1969 

The Augusta Chronicle, 4-6-1969, Page 9A.  

File at: http://files.usgwarchives.net/ga/johnson/obits/c/claxton1829nob.txt 

Georgia or "Georgie" was my 4th cousin, 1x removed.  She was married to my 2nd cousin, 2x removed; however Bennett and Georgia were not related to each other before marriage.

Mary Elizabeth Tapley
Me
Gilbert Earl Tapley
My father
Lusion Keman Tapley
My grandfather
James Madison Tapley
My great-grandfather
George Washington Tapley
My 2nd great-grandfather
Sarah Tapley
My 3rd great-grandmother
Newhampton Tapley
My 4th great-grandfather
James L Tapley
My 3rd great grand uncle and Sarah’s brother
Julia Ann Tapley
My 1st cousin, 4x removed & James L’s daughter
Mary Ann Elizabeth Pullen
My 2nd cousin, 3x removed & Julia’s daughter
W. B. B. Snell
My 3rd cousin, 2x removed & Mary Ann’s son
Georgia Snell
My 4th cousin, 1x removed & W.B.B.’s daughter



Mary Elizabeth Tapley
Me
Linda Irene Tapley
My mother
Charles Morgan Tapley
My grandfather
Mattie Schwalls Tapley
My great-grandmother
Lincelia E Claxton Schwalls
My 2nd great-grandmother
Zacharian W. Claxton &
Lincelia Bush Claxton
My 3rd great-grandparents
Zachariah Claxton
My 2nd great grand uncle & Lincelia’s brother
Bennett Claxton
My 1st cousin, 3x removed & Zachariah’s son
Bennett L. Claxton
My 2nd cousin, 2x removed & Bennett’s son
 

No comments:

Post a Comment