Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: Lunch with your Fearless Female

From Randy over at Genea-Musings: 


Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 
 It's Saturday Night again - 
time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

 1)  Read Lisa Alzo's blog post Back for a Fourth Year: Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women's History Month on her blogThe Accidental Genealogist.

2)  Answer the writing prompt for 16 March:  
If you could have lunch with any female family member (living or dead), or any famous female, who would it be and why? Where would you go? What would you eat?

3)  Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, in a Facebook post or a Google+ post.

Here's mine:


I would choose my 2nd great-grandmother, Elizabeth (Maiden Name Unknown) Tapley (1824 - aft. 1880), wife of George Washington Tapley (1814 - aft. 1880) of Johnson County, Georgia, for obvious reasons.  She could tell me her maiden name, as well as who her parents, siblings, and grandparents were!  It would open up an entirely new line for me to research!  Of course, I would ask her about her life as a child, teenager, married woman, and mother.  I would also ask to hear stories about my great-grandfather, her son, James Madison (Jim).  I would also to like to hear about her oldest son, Francis, who was killed in battle during the Civil War.  

Where would we go?  I honestly do not know nor do I care as long as I got to spend time with her.   What would we eat?  I am sure it would be a good, home-cooked Southern meal, complete with fried chicken, collards, peas, and cornbread!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment