Hey genea-searchers, it's SATURDAY NIGHT ... time for more GENEALOGY FUN!!!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) Go to the Find-a-Grave website (www.findagrave.com) and search for ancestors that you don't know the burial location of. How far back in time did you have to go to find this person? Hint #1 - use your ancestor list to help you. Hint #2 - don't forget to use the last surname for females!
2) If you think that Find-a-Grave will not have your persons of interest, then check another burial index that might help you.
3) Tell us about your search - who did you look for, and who was the first ancestor that you found that you did not have a burial location for previously? Write your own blog post, or make a comment on this post.
I love Find a Grave and use it all the time... so #1, it was a no-brainer for me to join in on this Saturday night fun, but #2, using it so often made it kind of difficult to figure out who I didn't know their burial location!
Here's what I came up with:
- Carol (Andrews) Way, died 1983 in Florida. No listing.
- Mary E. (Atwood) Hubbard, unknown date or place of death. No listing.
- Curtis Manning Barwick, died 1902 in Georgia. Success! He has a listing complete with a picture of his tombstone. He is buried in the Barwick Cemetery, Norristown, Emanuel County, Georgia.
- Elijah Samuel Beasley, unknown date or place of death. No listing.
- Harriet (Beaty) Pullen, died 1943, place unknown. No listing.
- Earnest Boulineau, died 1987, place unknown. Success! He has a listing complete with a picture of his headstone. He is buried in the Oaky Grove Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery, Johnson County, Georgia.
- Clifford K. Brantley, died 1964, place unknown. No listing.
- James Thurman Drake, unknown date or place of death. No listing.
- William Dewey Harrison, died 1980, place unknown. No listing.
- Eleanor V. (Schwalls) Wilson, unknown date or place of death. No listing.