Friday, May 27, 2011

Grandma's Diary, Part 20

(To read prior entries from my maternal grandmother's 1933 diary, please click on the tab "Posts by Topic" and then go to the topic "California."  All posts are listed there.)

Key:

The writer is Ethel Ranney Tapley.
Alice is her sister.
Kenneth is her brother.
Her parents.
          H = her boyfriend, Hazel Avery Plumlee
          Delma = Hazel's little sister
          Earl = Hazel's brother
          Verda = Earl's wife
          Dorothy Lee = Hazel's niece (Earl's, child)
          Otho is Otho Hesser, her father's cousin.
          Viella is Otho's wife.
          Ruth & Kathryn are Otho and Viella's daughters.
          Uncle Jont is Jonathan Hesser, Otho's father and her father's uncle.
          Aunt Kate is Sarah Katherine Hall Hesser, Jonathan's wife and Otho's mother
          Herman (Williams) is Alice's boyfriend.


Sun., May 21:  "Looks a lot like rain.  Alice & I went to S.S.  To dinner at Cathcarts. Went to ball game with Lillian & Delma. Got Ben & H. & went to town. Stopped at Dietrichs. They went to a dance & H. & I stayed with Billy Jean."

Mon., May 22:  "Kenneth came about 10 o'clock. I took his car to get the mail. It didn't start & I coasted to Fish H. Oil Truck came & the man tried to fix it but couldn't. He brot me home. H. & I went to Dietrichs & got Delma."


Tues., May 23:  "Kenneth took Mama & I to the Beach & back by L.A. H. & Delma came over in the eve. We visited Earls & I stayed all night."

Wed., May 24:  "I helped Delma wash & we took care of Donald. It is getting plenty warm. Saw Lillian in afternoon. Delma took H. & I to the show in the eve."

http://razorfamilyfarms.com


Thurs., May 25:  "Kenneth & Mama went to town. I cleaned house. Kenneth left for L.A. about 1 o'clock. Dad worked at Berrys'. H. & Delma came over in the eve. for awhile."

Fri., May 26:  "Dad worked on the rock pile. Mama & I ironed. H., Alice & I went to an Epworth League dinner at the church."

Sat., May 27:  "Dad worked on the rock pile. We sewed. Alice &  I went to Yucaipa in eve. I met H. & went with him. Lillian, Ben, Delma, H. & I went to Berdo. H. & I bot a rug. Then we went to Beaumont."

No comments:

Post a Comment