Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Elizabeth Marie Schwalls Lee

Walford B. Lee and
Elizabeth Marie Schwalls Lee
They are buried at Westover Memorial Park in Augusta, Georgia.
(An interesting side note:  The nice gentlemen who looked up the grave's location 
for me said that Walford paid $395 for this plot in 1960.  
I asked if it costs 10 times that much today.  
He said "Almost!":  $1,700 each = $3,400!!)

She was my 2nd cousin, 1x removed.
She was the child of George Payton Schwalls and Gladys Marie Johnson.
George was the child of Charlie Milton Schwalls and Elizabeth Jane Wheeler.
Charlie Milton was the brother of my maternal great-grandmother, Mattie Schwalls Tapley.
Charlie Milton and Mattie were the children of my ever elusive George W. Schwalls.

I went to Augusta to see my mother today and we managed to visit three cemeteries to locate graves of relatives.  Elizabeth and Walford's was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment